Wednesday, January 25, 2006

loneliness part 3

“Loneliness is the most terrible poverty.” Mother Teresa of Calcutta

“We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.” Orson welles

I've got everything I need except a man. And I'm not one of those women who thinks a man is the answer to everything, but I'm tired of being alone.” No Name

“The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. Their heart withers if it does not answer another heart. Their mind shrinks away if they hear only the echoes of their own thoughts and finds no other inspiration.” No name

Language... has created the word "loneliness" to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word "solitude" to express the glory of being alone.” Paul Tillich

7 Comments:

Blogger zigzag12 said...

Hi deepblue

I like the counting crows comment.. they are a south african band no?

And the last quote is a beacon of light hey. love it too and yours hits it on the head from another angle. Nice :)

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being alone is probably my biggest fear. I'm glad you posted on this.

Thanks :)

7:16 PM  
Blogger Spring, Ph.D. said...

Great post(s)! There's such a big difference between being alone, and being lonely. I think too many people equate the two. But, one can be lonely in the middle of a crowd. And one can be alone and not be lonely.

8:41 PM  
Blogger zigzag12 said...

Thanks DB for the info, and will check out the track :) I have heard a couple of their songs but am hopeless with names lol

4:54 AM  
Blogger zigzag12 said...

cassandra-

Many different types of loneliness indeed. I just wanted to focus on one inparticular about the fear of it when you are in a relationship and how that can hoold peole there even tho they are not hally as that has been a big issue for me and one I really struggled to free my self from, just not impossible.

I think the whole thing about people missing a soulmate and one that is close to them or around alot has something to do with it for one part and also the whole point about throwing yourself into social situations where you find peole and interests that connect with you can and does help immensely.

Good luck with your situation, I hope it goes smoothly as possible.

Hugs to you!

Gav

5:01 AM  
Blogger zigzag12 said...

curious

It is also became my biggest fear but one that I refuse to let beat me.

Thank you to push me to post it sweetie :)

5:03 AM  
Blogger zigzag12 said...

Spring-

Thanks!

You hit the nail on the head precisely in my book.

Perfectly summed up in one easy sentance I am with you 100% on that. :)

I think loneliness in crowds can be very upsetting but then up to the individual to pull themselves out of it and change that. Not impossible but the feeling can be very intense, consuming aand depressing.

As for being alone and not lonely I see that as one of solitude and at peace with oneself. A happy state to be in that, at the same time can encompass all kinds of emotions whatever we are experiencing at that time.

Thanks for the wise words!

Gav

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home